Chasing the Pack: Panasonic & Toyota Confirm Battery Joint Venture

Panasonic and Toyota’s ongoing collaboration continues as the two companies have confirmed the establishment of a battery joint venture (JV), initially announced last year.

Having explored the feasibility of an automotive battery JV together since December 2017, the latest announcement has formally confirmed the deal. Toyota will have a 51% controlling share in the JV – Prime Planet Energy & Solutions Inc – with Panasonic taking the remaining 49%. Approximately 5,100 employees from both companies will be involved in the project, of which 2,400 are based in China.

The JV’s primary goal is the production of prismatic cells . . .


Login to continue reading!

This article is restricted to Benchmark Membership subscribers.

Login

Not subscribed yet?

To subscribe or to find out more about Benchmark Membership click here or fill in the form below and a member of our team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.