Lithium and cobalt prices are experiencing a new period of volatility as prices crest from post-2010 highs. Both speciality minerals that are key components in an electric vehicle’s lithium ion battery began to see a downward turn in 2018.
The Benchmark World Tour 2018 – the world’s leading investor forum for lithium ion supply chain and in its 4th year – explored these themes in Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, Perth, Melbourne and Sydney over the last two weeks. Download presentations from the Benchmark World Tour below.… Read more
Benchmark Mineral Intelligence will host a free seminar in Toronto on Thursday 24 September 2015 as part of our World Tour 2015 series. Taking place at One King West Hotel & Residence in Toronto’s downtown, the exclusive meeting will discuss investment opportunities in the battery supply chain from mine to market.
Hear from the industry’s independent experts and development companies including:
- Simon Moores, Managing Director, Benchmark Mineral Intelligence (UK)
- Sam Jaffe, Cairn Energy Research Advisors (USA)
- Guy Bourassa, President & CEO, Nemaska Lithium Corp.
… Read more
- Annual “White List” to reveal which of the world’s smelters do not use conflict minerals
- Focus not on downstream users like battery and smartphone makers
- Europe likely to expand scope outside central Africa and to more minerals
An annual list that reveals the names of mineral smelters that do not use raw materials linked with criminal gangs is at the heart of Europe’s push to clean up the world’s mining industry.
Conflict minerals, much like their earlier counterpart, conflict diamonds, are raw materials produced in a region of conflict, the trading of which funds militia or terrorist groups and perpetuates the fighting.… Read more