This week Benchmark Mineral Intelligence hosted a private meeting in London to discuss how the battery supply chain has evolved in H2 2018.
Benchmark Minerals’ Managing Director, Simon Moores, gave an overview of the current market conditions for electric vehicle battery raw materials. The presentation covered:
- The current state of the lithium hydroxide market and expected trends going forward.
- How lithium supply will continue to be defined by spodumene.
- Complications facing the lithium brine market in the Atacama.
- How lithium prices have held up in H2 2018.
- Cobalt trends and cathode chemistries.
- How lithium ion megafactories will disrupt niche raw material markets.
- The ongoing debate between natural and synthetic graphite used in battery anodes.
A copy of the presentation is available for Benchmark Members to download from the Benchmark Membership Presentation Archive
or directly here
Free Download – Battery Packs and Energy Density Trends for EVs
The meeting also saw Adam Panayi, Managing Director of Rho Motion, present on the development and outlook for battery technology in the electric vehicle passenger car and light duty vehicle market, which covered:
Rho Motion provides long-term vehicle, battery and charging infrastructure forecasts, as well as industry news, opinion and events for the burgeoning electric vehicle sector, drawing on expertise from mine to market.
- Getting up to speed – EV market developments
- Bigger & better – the evolution of EV battery pack sizes
- Rho rising – The role of battery chemistry and pack design in cell energy density
- How much, and when? – Outlook for electric vehicle sales and fleet
Sign up to the Rho Motion website here
to receive a copy of the presentation.
SUBSCRIBE TO BENCHMARK MEMBERSHIP TODAY
A subscription to Benchmark Membership provides you with Benchmark Minerals’ quarterly review magazine, online news and analysis and access to the Benchmark Presentation Archive.
Our suite of market intelligence and price assessment services also includes: